Deadline: 10 May 2017 (annual)
Study in: Italy
Course starts Sept. 2017
The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE) for the Academic Year 2017-2018. The scholarships are offered for the following type of courses:
- • Second-level University courses (five-year degree/Master of Science) (Laurea specialistica/Laurea Magistrale 2° ciclo)
- • Master’s Degree courses (First and Second Level)
- • Ph.D Courses
- • Specialisation Schools
- • Research under academic supervision
- • Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM); Scuola Internazionale di Liuteria di Cremona; Scuola di Alta Formazione e Studio (SAF) of the Istituto Superiore per la Conservazione ed il Restauro (ISCR); Scuola Nazionale di Cinema
- • Courses of Italian language and culture
- • Training/refresher courses for Teachers of Italian language
The scholarships are offered to carry out study, training and research projects in Italian Higher Education Institutes (State-owned institutions or institutions legally recognized by the relevant State authorities)
The scholarship duration can be three, six, or nine months.
Normally, the scholarship holders are exempt from the payment of the university tuition fees, in accordance with existing regulations. However the Universities, as part of their autonomy, may not allow such exemption. Candidates are therefore recommended to contact the chosen Institution in order to be informed on eventual taxes or tuition fees.
Candidates may apply if aged between 18 and 36 years on the expiry date of this call for applications. For those who apply for the first year of a PhD program the maximum age limit is 33 years on the expiry date of this call for applications. Candidates may apply for training/refresher courses for Italian language teachers if aged between 18 and 45 years on the expiry date of this call for proposals.
Applications shall be sent only electronically, by accessing the “Portale borse online” from the MAECI website. All online applications must be submitted on or before midnight (Italian time) on 10 May 2017.
It is important to visit the official website to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to enroll for this scholarship below.