Ahmad Salkida, a top Nigerian journalist, says Abubakar Shekau has just released a video on Chibokgirls that were recently swapped with his fighters.
GistMall.com gathered that in the new video Shuaibu Moni, one of the swapped Boko Haram commanders was seen issuing threats to Nigerian authorities and it’s president. Salkida in a series of tweets on Friday, May 12, said the commander, in the video, declared that it is not true that only 5 commanders were released, warning of imminent bombing of Abuja.
Boko Haram commander making fresh threats to bomb Abuja in new videos
He further said that there’s been no ‘sulhu’ dialogue with goveernment and there won’t be. Only war is between us, he declared. Read the tweets below: On May 7 the Nigerian government confirmed the release of 82 Chibok girls after they have spent three years in captivity of the dreaded Boko Haram.
GistMall.com previously reported that federal government swapped five Boko Haram militants for the 82 Chibok schoolgirls recently released. This is contrary to some media reports that just two Boko Haram commanders were released in the swap deal.
According to negtiator of the swap deal, the outcome should be seen as “a favourable bargain,” considering what obtained in other climes when it comes to prisoner swap of innocent citizens with suspected terrorists.