Application Deadline: November 30th, 2017.
The Africa Industrial Internet Programme, a year-long programme, has been developed to address the demand for a digital-savvy workforce in the increasingly data-ridden industrial organisations. Developed by ALU and powered by GE, the programme empowers participants to develop the requisite skills for building applications for the Industrial Internet.
The AIIP will achieve this through offering modules in machine learning and big data analytics, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and cloud-based application development to individuals and professionals interested in preparing for the Industrial Internet. The program which begins in January 2018, reemphasizes GE’s position as the world’s premier digital industrial company.
In an increasingly connected industrial ecosystem, a staggering amount of data is being generated every moment. Commonly termed ‘Industrial Internet’, it involves connecting software, industrial applications and intelligent analytics to businesses, enabling unprecedented gains in productivity and innovation from these massive datasets. Leveraged effectively, this paradigm shift in industrial thinking will allow African companies to leapfrog competition and establish the continent as an industrial powerhouse. However, this requires a new generation of talent with a strong technical foundation in big-data analytics, machine learning and web application development, as well as the business acumen to translate technological improvements into business results.
- The AIIP employs a blended learning model to participants with a mix of online learning and periodic 3-5 day in-person intensives to be held at the GE Africa Innovation Centre in Johannesburg. This approach provides flexibility to participants enabling them to learn from industry experts, and at the same time, immediately apply what they learn in the program in their daily jobs.
- The program includes hands-on training on artificial intelligence and machine learning with ALU’s unique entrepreneurial leadership program to prepare professionals for leadership roles entrepreneurial, technology driven work environments.
- Participants will work with best-in-class technology including GE’s pioneer platform for the Industrial Internet – Predix to build applications that can solve complex problems for industrial companies. Participants will be taught by industry practitioners who bring in years of experience in their fields.
- GE is offering a limited number of scholarships covering full tuition to deserving candidates for the Africa Industrial Internet Programme.
- The scholarships will be awarded to the most-deserving candidates on a first-come first-served basis.
For More Information: