Brief description: Wellesley College USA partners with the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program to educate African women. Application for 2018 is open for new students.
Eligible Field of Study: Courses offered at the university
As part of the Scholars Program, Wellesley will provide nine (9) African women with comprehensive support that includes scholarships, mentoring, counseling, and internship opportunities.
Scholars at Wellesley will build experiences, values, and competencies that are critical to success in the global economy, and that enable them to give back to their communities and home countries. The students will arrive in groups of three students each year.
Scholarship Offered Since:
Scholarship Type: undergraduate degree
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars selected for the Program are:
- Academically talented: They value learning, and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged: They face significant barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back: They apply what they learn to improve their communities.
- Future leaders: They are committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
Number of Scholarships: Nine
Value of Scholarship:
- Comprehensive scholarships: Support for tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and meal plan, and more.
- 21st-century skills: Training in skill areas relevant to employment success.
- Transition assistance: Mentoring, career counseling, leadership development, and other life-skills coaching
- Internships and career opportunities: Access to job opportunities across the African continent
- Give-back support: Experiential learning and opportunities for volunteerism and community service
Duration of Scholarship: Four years
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Wellesley College USA
Application Deadline: 3 December (early decision) 30 January (regular decision)
Offered annually? Yes
More scholarships at: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships